Monday, December 6, 2021

Gregor's Room

Gregor's room, to me was about a man with anxiety, trying to provide for his family and I feel like that stress and anxiety has consumed and morphed him into this dark, distorted creature. The objects and colors I saw around him were more cool and natural colors with it being a closed space with no sign of escape, until the doors are unlocked and opened. It felt impossible to use the wet paper to shape, make everything secure, and stick together. I felt like I could have done better for this project and gave it the justice it deserved and found a better way to keep things together without glue. The best technique I used was for the legs of the stole and the different limbs of Gregor, by taking a single piece of paper and twisting it. It makes a good support and keeps itself together when it's wet.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gregor's Room

Gregor's room, to me was about a man with anxiety, trying to provide for his family and I feel like that stress and anxiety has consumed...